Mcphail Fruit Fly Trap
This trap is designed from the regular Mcphail trap design for economical and budgetary purpose. It is used in monitoring fruit flies.
Target pests: Fruit Fly Species
Host Crops: Cucumber , Bottle gourd, Bitter gourd, Sweet gourd, Snake gourd, Ridge gourd, Pointed gourd , Sponge gourd, Pumpkins ,Mask melon, Watermelon.
Physical Dimensions of trap:
Approximate Dimensions (Assembled) : 120mm diameter x 150mm height
Dome Dimensions : 120mm diameter x 110mm height
Dome Material : virgin plastic grade
Dome Colour : Clear
Base Dimensions : 118mm diameter x 50mm height
Base Colour : Yellow
Approximate Weight (per Trap) : 100 grms
How they work: The male moths which are attracted by the female pheromone lure placed under the lid of the clear top enter the trap through yellow base of a funnel-shaped entrance, which enables the insect to fly up into the trap. Once inside the trap, the insect is attracted by the light coming through the clear top and continues to try and escape upwards. The exhausted insect drops down into the base filled with liquid and drowns.
Effective life span in the field : Multiple seasons (subject to weather conditions)
1. Easy to assemble, easy to monitor, easy to clean.
2. They reduce the cost and burden of unnecessary spraying of pesticides, due to low pesticide residue the produce meets the demand in export markets and gives profitability to the growers.
3. Monitors all adult fruit flies.
4. Multi season use.
5. Used with pheromone lures to selectively attract specific species.
6. Can withstand sunlight.
- Minimum Order Quantity: 1000 Unit